Gamers have reported getting a game is unable to launch or LS-0013 error code while launching the Epic game launcher or games like Fortnite or Borderland on their systems. When you face this issue you’ll get the error while launching the game. We have a few solutions that can help you resolve this issue.
Verify the game files
Sometimes your game files are not properly installed or updated and there are one or two files missing. It is recommended to verify the game’s files to ensure that your game is installed and updated properly.
- Open the Epic Games Launcher.
- Click on Library.
- Click the three dots next to the game you want to verify.
- Click on Verify.
- This process may take a while depending on the size of the game.
- Once you complete all the steps, relaunch your game. Relaunch should be successful, if not move on to the next step.
Clear the Launcher web cache
Sometimes launcher web cache can cause unable to launch the game, clearing it can help you resolve the issue. Follow the below to clear the cache on Windows or Mac:
- Exit the Epic Games Launcher. To do that right-click on the system tray icon in the bottom corner of the taskbar. Right-click on it and then click exit.
- Press the Windows key + R simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “%localappdata%” to open a File Explorer window.
- In the file explorer window, open the Epic Games Launcher folder.
- Open the Saved folder.
- Click the web cache folder, and then press the delete button on your keyboard.
- Restart your computer and start the Epic Games Launcher to check if the solution worked.
For Mac follow these steps:
- Exit the Epic Games Launcher on your system.
- Open Finder. Click on Go then Go to Folder.
- Type ~/Library/Caches/com.epicgames.EpicGamesLauncher and press Enter.
- Drag the web cache folder to the Trash.
- Press control and click on Trash. Then click on Empty Trash.
- Relaunch the Epic Games Launcher to check if the solution worked.
Disable background applications
You might be getting this error due to your background applications running and it’s causing the installation to fail. Follow these steps on how to disable your background applications:
- Right-click on your taskbar which is on the bottom left of your screen.
- Click on Task Manager. Then go to the startup tab.
- Click on disable, for all the enabled applications on startup.
- Now reboot your system.
After rebooting, there won’t be any background application running and now you will be able to connect to the Epic Games Launcher. You can also perform a clean boot on your system and try relaunching the epic games launcher.
Games using another launcher in addition to the Epic Games Launcher
If you are receiving this error while using another launcher to run the game like Rockstar Game Services, Uplay. Follow the following steps to fix the error:
- Right-click the shortcut for the non-Epic Games launcher like Uplay, Rockstar, or Game services for the game with admin privileges.
- Then click on Run as administrator.
- Right-click the shortcut for the Epic Games Launcher, and now click on Run as administrator.
- Click on Library in the Epic Games Launcher. Now launch the game you want to play.
Confirm the version of the game you own is still available to play
Sometimes developers release alpha or beta versions of the game, before releasing the full game. It is suggested that confirm the version of the game you own is still available to play. You can do that by contacting the game developer’s support team for confirmation.
Disable administrator privileges for the game
Disabling administrator privileges on all of Fortnite’s executables can help you fix the unable to launch error code. Follow these steps on how to do this:
- Navigate to Fortnite’s executables by going to its default location: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64)
- For each of the following executable files, right-click on them and then select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Uncheck the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Click on Apply to save changes.
- Relaunch Fortnite to check if the solution worked
We hope this guide helped you fix the LS-0013 game that is unable to launch an error code. Let us know which fix worked for you.