Published by “Electronic Arts” and developed by “Respawn Entertainment”, Apex Legends is a battle royale hero shooter game. It is available on PC, Xbox, PlayStation, etc. Initially, it was released for PlayStation4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows in 2019, while for Nintendo switch in March 2021. It is an interesting multiplayer game. However, many players have encountered the error code000000 while using Apex Legends on Microsoft Windows. This error usually occurs due to the game’s FPS, due to the storage of your device, or due to third-party apps running in the background. But you don’t need to worry because the article below consists of various methods through which this error can be resolved.
Method 1: By running Apex Legends in Administrator Mode
One reason for facing this error is that we must provide Apex Legend with administrative privileges. If you don’t do that your game will have errors and you will not be able to continue Apex Legends. Following are the steps by which you can solve this error by running Apex Legends in Administrator mode.
- Open the Start-Menu.
- Search for origin.
- Right-click on the origin app and a small window box will appear near your cursor.
- Choose the option “Run as administrator mode”.
- Restart and check your game. The error c000000 will be gone.
Method 2: By changing Apex Legends’ FPS
The in-game Frame Per Second (as known as FPS) plays a vital role in the smooth running of any game. So, to fix the error c000000, you can change Apex Legends FPS. Following are the steps that will help you do this very easily.
- On your Windows 10/11, launch the original client.
- Now navigate to the “game library” and locate Apex Legend.
- By right-clicking on the game, choose the “game properties” from the context menu.
- Go to the “Advance Launch Options’ tab.
- In the command line arguments section, enter the below code and press save.
Now open the game and check if the error is gone or not. If the error no longer exists, you can change the FPS according to your own game requirements.
Method 3: By changing the display mode to windowed
If changing FPS does not help with the error c000000 then you can try changing Apex Legends full-screen mode to windowed mode. Following are the steps that will help you do it easily.
- On your PC open Apex Legends.
- Go to the Settings Menu.
- Click on video settings.
- Change the display mode from full screened to windowed.
Method 4: By lowering the anti-cheat priority
To fix error c000000 you can also change the priority of easy anti-cheat. You can do this by the following steps:
- To open task manager press Ctrl + Shift + Esc hotkeys.
- Go to the Details tab.
- Locate EasyAntiCheat.
- Click right on the option and “Set Priority”.
- Choose low from the context menu.
Method 5: By disabling cloud storage
If Apex Legends saved file is corrupted then you can also face this error. To avoid this, you can easily disable the cloud storage in origin and then check if the error is still there or not. To do so, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Launch origin and go to Origin> Application Settings
- Disable the saves option by going to the Installs and Saves tab.
- Open File Explorer and go to the Documents.
- Rename the Apex Legends folder to Apex Legends Backup.
Method 6: By disabling origin overlay
Another reason for this error is when you have enabled the origin overlay feature. This feature basically helps in connecting with people online, but it can cause errors too. You can turn off this feature by following the steps given below.
- Go to Origin
- Click on the origin icon which is at the top left side of the screen.
- Go to the application settings option.
- Click on the More Tab.
- Toggle off the Enable Origin In-game option.
Now launch Apex and see if the problem is still there or not.
Method 7: By repairing EasyAntiCheat
The last thing you can do in order to solve this issue is repairing the EasyAntiCheat. This error sometimes occurs when the EasyAntiCheat files have been corrupted. By following the given steps, you can easily solve the problem.
- Go to the place where you downloaded Apex Legends.
- Locate the EasyAntiCheat.exe file and open it.
- After tapping the dropdown icon, choose Respawn Demo.
- Click on Repair Service Option.
Now open Apex Legends and see if it was helpful or not.