Many users have reported getting this annoying error CE-107857-8 on their PS5 while installing a new game or updating the already installed game. The user’s console crashes while downloading games like
FIFA 22, GTA V, Call Of Duty Cold War, Warzone, Demon Souls, Apex Legends, and others. They get stuck and their screen shows the error message “PS5 Error Code CE-108255-1, CE-107857-8, or CE-105799-1”.
You usually get this error when PSN is down or you have an issue with your network connection. The error shows that the console failed to read the files, it happens when you try to download the game while playing it. This error can occur when you try to play PS4 and PS5 simultaneously, having more than one copy of the game.
Error code CE-105799-1 occurs after a software update. It revolves around the issues like installation failure, games stuck in download queues, or frequent crashes. We have made a list of possible causes and their solutions for this error message. Let’s get into it:
What Causes PS5 Error Code [CE-107857-8]?
Here are the main causes of the PS5 error code [ CE-105799-1]:
- Corrupted game file – This error occurs when you try to install a game from a damaged or corrupted disc. It can also happen when you have improperly downloaded the game and then try to run the installation file.
- PS5 Software Incompatibility – Sometimes the game or software you’re trying to install has improper coding which makes it incompatible with the latest PS5 due to which you’re unable to install the game or the particular software. Updating your software might help you resolve the error.
- PS5 Corrupted Cache – Sometimes fundamental files in PS5 get corrupted or missing which starts causing performance issues. The cache or data stored in the PS5 also gets corrupted after some time. If you clear corrupted files, it will help you fix the error.
- Network Issue – Poor network connection might stop the software/game from installing and you end up getting error code CE-105799-1. Resetting your internet connection can help you resolve the error.
- Insufficient PS5 Space – Your PS5 might be running out of space or doesn’t have internal storage which can cause this error. Insufficient space ends you up getting stuck in the download queue. The low internal storage can cause crashing issues.
- Abrupt power issue — Sometimes abrupt power issues or unreliable power feeding can impact the performance of PS5 due to which you get error code CE-105799-1.
Now that you got to know about all the possible causes of this error code, let’s get into the workable fixes that can help you resolve the error.
Restart Your PS5
The first thing we suggest to do is restart your PS5. Make sure all the power is drained as your PS5 will completely shut down. All the configurations will restart before starting up, follow the below steps to restart your PS5:
- Press the power button on the console until the blinking LED light turns off.
- Now unplug the power plug from the back of your console.
- Click on the power button for a minute on your console, it will drain the power.
- Wait for 20 minutes, then plug everything back. Then restart your PS5.
- After restarting, try a wired internet connection.
Make sure to reconfigure your settings. Then check if the CE-105799-1 error code is fixed.
If the error still persists, move on to the next solution.
Restore the PS5 License
PS5 license includes PSN user Agreement which helps users to play games. If you didn’t agree with it or there was an issue with your account and didn’t restore the license, you will end up getting this error. We suggest deleting the license and then restoring it.
Doing this will generate a fresh license without any errors. Many users have reported restoring the PS5 license might resolve this error. Follow the below instructions to restore the license of PS5:
- Go to the Settings by selecting the gear icon on the top right.
- Click on the Users and Accounts option. Then, click on Other.
- Now, look for the Restore Licenses option and click on it.
- Select the restore button, this process will take a few seconds.
- Now the PS5 console will start downloading all the licenses automatically.
- Once the process is complete, check if the PS5 error code CE-105799-1 still persists.
Rebuild Database on PS5
If the library database gets corrupted or damaged, it can cause issues while downloading the game. Rebuilding the database on PS5 can resolve many performance issues in the system. It is the best way to fix errors like CE-105799-1
In order to rebuild, make sure to disconnect any attached devices like controllers, USB, Bluetooth headsets or storage devices, etc. Keep them disconnected until you power the device back on, as these devices can interfere with the device startup.
Don’t turn in your Airplane mode either since WiFi also needs to go offline during this process, this restricts users to access internet services unless PSN is turned off. Rebuilding the database on PS5 allows users to clean up data and sort everything on a hard drive. Make sure PS5 software is up to date. Follow the below steps to rebuild the database on PS5:
Make sure to start your PS5 console in safe mode. Here’s how you can do that:
- Turn off your console by holding the power button for a few seconds until the power indicator blink for a few seconds before turning off.
- Once the console is off, press and hold the power button. When you hear the second beep, release the power button. You’ll hear the first beep as soon you press the button and the second one after seven seconds later.
- Connect the controller to a USB cable into a port name “ OPT”. Then, press the PS button on the controller to pair it.
- Go down to option number 5 and select Rebuild Database. It starts automatically upon selection.
- Wait for the process to complete, restart PS5 and wait for the reboot.
- Once restarted, check if the PS5 Error [CE-105799-1] still persists.
Free Up Space on PS5 Storage Device
If your PS5 storage device is full and there isn’t enough free space, this might cause issues like error CE-105799-1. PS5 console uses SSD as its primary internal storage device. SSDs require 15-20% of free space to operate seamlessly and at maximum performance.
If your PS5 internal storage is almost full or has less than 15% space, you should free up some space to install the game to avoid getting the error.
It is suggested to delete old games and apps. Move files to an external hard drive or purchase an internal storage device with more storage for your PS5. If you have no ideas about how to free up space, here are a few steps on how to free up some storage space on PS5:
Delete Games and Apps — One of the easiest ways to free up on your console is to delete old games and apps that you don’t use anymore. To do this:
- Go to the “Library” tab in the main menu.
- Select the game or app you want to delete.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Finally, select “Delete.”
Move Files to External Hard Drive — To free up space on your PS5 storage device for your new game, move files to the external hard drive. To do this:
- Go to the “Settings” tab in the main menu.
- Select “Storage,” and then select “External HDD.”
- Choose the files you want to move and press the Options button on your controller.
- Then, select “Copy to External HDD.”
Purchase a bigger Storage Device — If you don’t want to delete files or move files to an external hard drive, you can buy a bigger storage device for your PS5. Here’s how you can do that:
- Go to the PlayStation Store.
- Select the “Games” tab.
- Then select “PS5 Games” and choose the storage you need.
Disconnect Your PS5 from the Internet
One of the quickest ways to solve the error code CE-105799-1 on the PS5 console is to disconnect the PS5 from the internet. You need to disconnect the WiFi or the Ethernet cable connected to your PlayStation.
Doing this will help you resolve internal glitches and network issues caused by the devices interfering with the network flow. It will take a few minutes to reconnect the console to the internet. After reconnection, see if the issue is resolved.
Reset the Router
If reconnecting the network connection doesn’t work, try resetting the router. Sometimes your router isn’t working properly which restricts you from downloading the game. Resetting the router can help you resolve the error.
A simple reset will force refresh the network and resolve network glitches. To reset the router:
- Hit the restart button or hit the ON/OFF button, a couple of times if you don’t see the restart button.
- After turning it off, disconnect the power cable.
- Then turn the router back on.
If you still see the error, then try to reset the router. Here’s how you can reset the router, steps might differ for different network devices:
- Hit the reset button and keep pressing it for at least 10 seconds.
- You might need a toothpick to reach the reset button depending on the router model.
- When the process is completed, LEDs on your router start blinking occasionally.
- Launch PS5 and try to download the game.
Reset Network Settings
If resetting your router doesn’t work for you, reset network settings. This might help you fix the PS5 Error [ CE-105799-1 ]. Here’s how to reset network settings:
- Go to Settings App.
- Then Select Devices > Press Options. It is a small box with three dots next to a wireless controller.
- Press Settings on the right side. Then scroll down to Network.
- Select Set Default Setting, then press Restart PS Now.
Update PS5 System Software
If your system software is outdated, it starts causing issues. Some games become incompatible to download. That’s why it’s suggested to update the PS5 system software to the latest version. It will help you download your game without getting PS5 Error CE-105799-1. Make sure you have a stable internet connection. Follow the below steps to update your PS5 console:
- Start your PS5 console
- Then with the help of the controller go to the Settings.
- Now select system, then hit System Software Update.
- Next set updates to download and install automatically.
- Then click on Check Now to check whether PS5 is up to date or if any update is available.
- Go to Settings and then click on Power Saving Mode & Standby Management.
- Now choose the System Restart or Shut down.
- After that, PlayStation Network will start downloading updates automatically.
Once updated, your PS5 will restart again. Now try to install the game and see if the error still persists. If it still occurs, move on to the next solution.
Clear Cache on PS5
A corrupted system cache can cause various issues on PS5. There are chances that cache data stored in your PS5 got corrupted or damaged which results in the error CE-105799-1. Make sure to clear the cache to avoid such errors. Follow the below steps to do so:
- Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller.
- After that select Turn Off PS5.
- Now, let PS5 fully power down. Then, wait for at least 10-20 seconds before restarting it again.
Once the PS5 restarts, check for the error if it is fixed or not. If you still see the error, then head to the next solution.
Re-Enable Sharing & Online Play
When your PS5 is connected to PSN, users can share content in two ways.
- You can share the games with other PS5 users through online sharing.
- You could allow PSN friends to use your PS4 automatically when they sign in on their PS4 through remote play.
If you have disabled Sharing and online play on PS5, it might cause an error (CE-105799-1 ). We suggest re-enabling the ability to share and play the game online. It might resolve your error. You can do that by following the steps given:
- Log in to your PSN account on your PS5.
- Go to Settings by selecting the gear icon on the top right of your Home Screen.
- Click on System, then hit the Users and Accounts option.
- Choose the Others option and then click on Disable.
- Now click on Disable and then re-enable the console sharing and online playing option.
- After completing all steps, check if the error still occurs.
Reset PS5 and Reinstall the System Software
If none of the above solutions work for you, there are chances you might be dealing with firmware-related problems. This prevents the console from updating which cause performance errors like this one. It is suggested to reset the PS5 and reinstall the system software from scratch, there might be compatibility issues or corruption on the PS5.
Resetting has worked for some users while some fix the error by reinstalling the system software. It can be directly done from the PS5 UI menu but we suggest you do it in the safe mode. In the end, go for the option for reinstalling the current system firmware.
Note: Make sure to backup saved data on the cloud or the USB. Copy the game files on the external storage. As resetting PS5 will remove the personal user data, saves (including saved games, game files, etc), or any other content. Here’s how you can do that:
- Go to Settings by going to the gear-shaped icon at the top.
- Then go to Saved Data and Game/App Settings, then select Saved Data.
- Now choose the type of data you want to backup and click Next.
- And backup will begin.
If your data is fully backed up, you are ready to reset your PS5 and every associated file. Now follow the below steps:
- Start your PlayStation 5 console.
- Now, press and hold on to the power button to boot in the Safe Mode. After that release the power button once you hear the second beep.
- After successfully putting your console on safe mode, go to the settings.
- Now, go to System.
- Select System Software and look for option 7 Reset PS5 – Reinstall System Software from the list and select it.
- Confirm at the confirmation prompt.
- Wait until the operation is finished. Once completed console will restart. The factory firmware will be reinstated.
- Make sure to install every pending firmware update before installing any games after a reboot.
- Once your firmware version is updated, try to install your particular game and check if the error is resolved.
But if the error PS5 error code CE-107857-8 still persists, you are left with only one option and that’s to contact the PlayStation support center for assistance.
Call PlayStation Support Centre
If none of the solutions work, then there might be some serious issue with your PS5. Contact PS5 Support and explain your issue to their support team.
Expand the drop-down menu associated with PS5 and call the toll-free number under Need to contact us? The contact number might change depending on the country you are accessing the page. You can get in touch with them to explain your problem. Follow their instructions afterward to resolve PS5 Error code CE-105799-1.
We have given you all the possible solutions to fix your PS5 error code CE-105799-1. Now you’ll be able to update and install your games without getting any error messages. If you still have any questions or need help, comment down below!