If you are looking for how to change the telegram password? You have come to the right place. In this article, we’ll cover methods for changing two-step verification passwords on telegram. Also how to reset the telegram password in case you’ve forgotten it.
Method 1: Change telegram password
If you know your current telegram password but don’t want to continue using the same password, follow these steps:
- Open telegram: Open the installed Telegram app on your phone or laptop, tap on the hamburger icon in the upper left corner.
- Go to settings: When you tap on the hamburger icon, a list of options will come up on your screen, choose settings from the menu.
- Select privacy and security: This will open the settings menu on the app screen, select “Privacy and Security”. Tap on that option makes changes.
- Tap on passcode lock: Under the privacy and security menu, click on Passcode lock. It will ask you to enter your current password, click on the tick.
- Tap on change passcode: Above action will take you to a new screen with all the lock-related options. Tap on the change passcode option.
Enter pin and save changes: Enter your new password in the given space, then tap on the tick on the upper right corner.
Method 2: Change password for two-step verification
To change the password for the two-step verification process on telegram, follow these steps:
- Follow the steps of method 1 from 1-3.
- Tap on two-step verification under the security tab on the privacy and security screen.
- Enter your new password in the change password section. Re-enter your new password.
- Your password has changed and can be used for two-step verification.
Method 3: Reset telegram password
If you forgot your telegram password, there are two ways to reset it.
Reset telegram password (desktop)
- Go to reset password tab: Open your browser, type https://telegr.am/user_mgt/lost_password on your search bar. This will direct you to the reset password page of the telegram.
- Enter email address: Type the email address that you registered on telegram for sign in. After typing your email address, press send it button.
- Open reset password link: Telegram will send you a reset password link on your email address. Open your email and go to that link.
- Enter a new password: You will see two blank spaces for entering a new password and re-enter the new password. Type your new password in the given fields and click on submit button.
- Create a strong password using uppercase, special symbols, and numbers to keep your account secure in the future.
- Sign in: Go to the telegram app or open it on your desktop, enter your email and new password to sign in to your account.
Reset telegram password (phone)
If you don’t have access to your computer and you are left with your phone to reset your telegram passcode, you’re are left with only one option.
- Uninstall the telegram app from your phone. Doing this will delete all your chats so we advise you to only do it when you are left with no options.
- Reinstall the telegram using the app store of your phone. Sign up on telegram with a new passcode.
If you encountered any problem while changing your telegram passcode, let us know in the comment section below!