Google docs are quite popular for creating, sharing, and editing documents online with ease. But sometimes, users face a few errors here and there while using google docs one of which is “unable to load file”. Mostly it is resolved just by refreshing the page. If you are still facing the issue, here are some solutions that might help you.
Basic troubleshooting solutions
1. Check internet connection.
2. Log out of your Google account and then log back in.
3. Use incognito mode.
4. Disable and re-enable offline access of google docs.
5. Restart your system.
6. Update browser to the latest update.
7. Use the browser’s malware scanner to get rid of the viruses.
8. Reduce the size of your file.
Advanced troubleshooting solutions
Try these advanced solutions if general troubleshooting solutions didn’t work for you.
Sometimes corrupted caches delay the loading time of google docs. Clearing cache and browsing data help in speeding up the loading time.
Follow these steps to clear caches and cookies for your browser:
- Step 1: Launch Chrome and click on the three-dot menu in the top right corner.
- Step 2: Navigate to more tools > clear browsing data.
- Step 3: Check the advanced tab and select all times for the time range.
- Step 4: Press on clear data.
Usually, inactive or non-updated extensions can create incompatibilities with google docs. If you’ve got a lot of extensions installed in your browser, disable all extensions.
- Step 1: Open Chrome and click on the three-dot menu in the top right corner.
- Step 2: Navigate to more tools > Extensions.
- Step 3: Click on the toggle to disable them one by one.
You can re-enable them later when needed.
Reset browser settings
Resetting settings help get the browser back to its original settings. It disables extensions, clears caches and temporary data.
- Step 1: Go to the settings of your browser.
- Step 2: Scroll down and go to advanced settings.
- Step 3: Scroll down to the reset and clean up section and select restore setting to original defaults.
- Step 4: It will show you a warning pop-up, just click on reset settings.
Doing this will not erase your bookmarks, passwords, and history.
Grant browser access to Windows Firewall
If your issue still hasn’t been resolved, you can grant browser access to the windows firewall by following the mentioned steps.
- Step 1: Click on the start button and open settings.
- Step 2: Select Update & security and open windows security then go to firewall and protection.
- Step 3: Click on allow an app through the firewall.
- Step 4: Click on change settings, find your browser and check both private and public boxes. After that, hit ok to save your changes.
We hope by now; you have found your solution. If not, let us know in the comment section below!
If you found this helpful, do check out solutions for other google docs related errors.