Are you facing sorry the request failed, please try again later error while signing in to your Twitter account? If you’re here it’s safe to assume that you are facing problems in logging into your Twitter account. You won’t be able to tweet, view your timeline, or DM anyone. You usually face this error when Twitter detects suspicious activity on your account like spam, violation of their terms and conditions, or entering the wrong password too many times.
We have a complete guide on how to fix the “Sorry the request failed. Please try again later” error code on Twitter. Let’s get right into it!
Check Twitter’s Servers
The first thing you need to do when you face the “Sorry the request failed. Please try again later” error code on Twitter is to check their servers. Sometimes Twitter’s servers go offline which means it’s going through a maintenance process to get rid of unexpected problems. If their servers are down, you can’t do anything except waiting.
If their servers are working, move on to the next fix.
Check Your Account status
You might have violated Twitter’s terms and conditions due to which your account got blocked. You might have failed phone verification which can affect your account status. Follow the following steps to recover your account:
- Visit Twitter’s support page. Enter your account credentials in the form and submit it.
- You’ll get an auto-response from Twitter in a few seconds. Reply to the auto-response mail and tell your issue in detail. Make sure to attach screenshots of the error.
- Log out of your account after replying to the mail.
- Wait for a few days till you get a reply from their support team.
- Follow the instructions in the mail. Re-login to your Twitter account. Follow the on-screen prompts to get your account back.
Change Your Password and Re-Login
Sometimes when you’re not entering the right password, you might get this error. We suggest you change your password and try re-logging into your account to get rid of this error. It’s common for users to forget their password but they remain logged into the account on their device.
- Go to your web browser and open Twitter’s login page. Click on ‘Forgot Password?’ below the sign-in prompts.
- Enter your email, phone number, or username. Now press the Search button.
- You’ll get a list of options for resetting your password. Choose your desired way to reset your password and hit Next.
- You’ll get a code on your phone or email address. Enter the code and follow the on-screen prompt to choose a new password for your account.
- Now, go to Twitter’s login page. Finally, re-login to your account with your new password.
Turn Off VPN
VPNs are third-party applications to keep your connection secure online. They are a great way to protect your data, redirect your traffic, and allow you to bypass regional restrictions by changing your IP address. It keeps your connection secure but it can affect your network performance.
If your IP address keeps changing randomly your device might have difficulty connecting to servers. Due to this, you might end up getting errors like “Sorry the request failed. Please try again later” on Twitter. It is suggested to turn off your VPN to get rid of this error.
Check for App Updates
Like all social media apps, Twitter also launches regular updates to fix bugs and add new features to keep the app running smoothly. Check for app updates, you might be getting “Sorry the request failed. Please try again later” on Twitter due to some bug or glitch in your app. To do so follow these steps:
Follow these steps below on how to update Twitter on an iOS device:
- Go to the App Store from the Home Screen of your iPhone.
- Tap on the Updates tab to check for any newer updates.
- If you see any, tap the Update button to get the latest version of the app.
- After the update, go to your Twitter account and try to re-login to your account.
Follow the following steps below on how to update Twitter on Android:
- Open the Play Store from the Home Screen of your Android.
- Tap on My Apps & Games.
- Now, tap on Update if you see any available updates.
- After a successful update, open the Twitter app and try to sign in to check if you get the error.
Clear Your Browser Cache and Cookies
Sometimes your browser cache and cookies become a problem in loading the contents of certain websites. This can be caused by corrupted or outdated data. One of the easiest fixes is to just clear out the cache, cookies & temporary files associated with your browser. Follow these steps to clear caches and cookies for your browser:
- Launch Chrome and click on the three-dot menu in the top right corner.
- Navigate to more tools > clear browsing data.
- Check the Advanced tab and select all times for the time range.
- Press on clear data.
- Now go to Twitter and check if you can log in to your Twitter account.
Reset browser settings
Resetting settings help get the browser back to its original settings. It disables extensions and clears caches and temporary data.
- Go to the settings of your browser.
- Scroll down and go to advanced settings.
- Scroll down to the reset and clean up section and select restore setting to original defaults.
- It will show you a warning pop-up, just click on reset settings.
Try Another Browser
Web browsers use render engines but not all of them have the same Radner engine which can cause compatibility issues. Sometimes your default browser is not optimized or down to run your desired app.
If you’re facing the error “Sorry the request failed. Please try again later” on Twitter, try switching to another browser. It is suggested to use browsers like Chrome, Opera, or Firefox. Mentioned browsers are compatible to run Twitter.
Check and Reset Your Internet
The first thing to do when you’re facing the error “Sorry the request failed. Please try again later” on Twitter is to check your internet connection. Usually, you get this error due to a slow and unstable connection. Check your internet speed, to perform a speed test, use fast.com or any other reliable speed checking site. If it shows a slower speed, reboot your router or cable modem. Turn off your router for 60 seconds and then restart it, it will re-establish a connection with your ISP’s servers. Now, check to see if it fixes the speed.
One of the easiest troubleshooting to do to check your internet is to use the internet on a different device. If your internet speed is slower, contact your internet provider and ask to fix the problem.
Report the Problem to Twitter
If you still facing the error message “Sorry the request failed. Please try again later” on Twitter, we suggest that you contact Twitter’s support. Report the problem to Twitter and explain in detail the problem you’re facing. Make sure to attach screenshots of the error, it will help the support team understand your problem better.
This brings us to the end of our guide on how to fix “Sorry the request failed. Please try again later” on Twitter. If you’re facing any other issues online, let us know in the comment section below. We’d be glad to give you the solution to your problem.