If you are facing the PS4 Error CE-34878-0 let me tell you that you are not alone. There are thousands of players out there who are trying to play online but they are getting error on their PS4 and its not limited to one particular game. Its affecting CyberPunk 2077, Call of Duty Cold War, Apex Legends, Grand Theft Auto V and few others.
In fact on the EA forums there is a whole thread dedicated to this which shows the intensity of the problem.
Blue screen of death on PS4
The error usually shows up with the blue screen of death on PS4 and shows the message “An error has occured in the following application (CE-34878-0)”.
Players are reporting the error with the following description:
- “I see blue screen then crashes my game causing me to loose rank and get abandonment penalty’s I’ve lost over 100 point cause of this now. Error code (CE-34878-0)”
- “Every second or third game I play the game crashes and I get this error code ce-34878-0. It just kicks me from the game and closes the application and shows me the blue screen with that error code“
- “Normally there will be some lag then it will freeze, ending with a blue screen. It gave me error code CE-34878-0 the last 3 times I got it“
The core reason for the issue yet remains to be unknown but there are multiple reasons why this could be happening ranging from connectivity of your device, to your account status, files save issue etc.
Fix for PS4 Error CE-34878-0
Here are some of the solutions that we recommend which might help:
1. Restart your PS4
To do a complete restart of your PS4 follow the steps.
- Turn off your PS4 safely and completely detach the power cable.
- After a few minutes and while the power cable is detached you can press the power button to buff the power capacitor and drain it completely.
- Now attach the power cable again and turn on the PS4
- Try launching your game and see if it works
2. Update your PS4 Game on the PlayStation Store.
Many games usually issues related to save game file which cause bugs. This issue is commonly seen in CyberPunk 2077.
Our suggestion is to go to the PlayStation Store and to make sure that you have the latest version of the game downloaded and if there are any missing files please update the game.
Also remember that sometimes corrupted downloads or game update files stored on your system can cause problems. To rule this out, delete these files for the game you are trying to connect to, and then try again.
3. Reset your PS4 Console
If everything else didn’t work one last option is to reset the PS4 console to factory settings.
Be very cautious before attempting this and only try this if nothing else works and then you can reinstall the games again. On a good internet connection this shouldn’t take too long.
Fix for CE-34878-0 by Sony
The following fix is suggested by Sony it self so you can give it a try and see if it helps in any way.
- Close the application, install the latest System Software and game updates and restart the system.
- If you have upgraded the Hard Disk Drive (“HDD”) in your system, please re-install the original HDD.
- If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to Settings > Initialization and choose Initialize PS4.
- If the error occurs with every application, or as soon as the application starts, please contact PlayStation Support.
I hope the solutions above helped you in some way to fix the PS4 Error CE-34878-0 for your game.
If you have a better solution for the fix in this article please post it in the comments below.