Facebook is a social media app used by billions of users worldwide. It works great for staying connected with your friends, but sometimes you get a few errors here and there on Facebook. You might come across errors like something went wrong or an error occurred while sending the message with a caution sign in a red triangle. Don’t worry we got some quick fixes for you.
Why I’m getting an error while sending the messages on Facebook?
If you keep facing this error; follow these troubleshooting solutions:
Check Facebook server’s status
Sometimes Facebook serves to go down, which restricts users to send messages. It is better to check if other users are facing the same issue or not. If yes, then you don’t have any other option apart from waiting for Facebook to fix this problem.
Check your activity
Facebook has introduced some rules and guidelines to keep up with the community standards. Check your recent activity to see if you have violated any of the Facebook rules. We have mentioned a few of the rules for your ease:
- Check your sent number of messages: Facebook doesn’t allow its users to send more than 150 messages at once. You might be able to comment or share the posts, but it temporarily blocks you from sending messages.
- Check your message content: If your message includes unpleasant content, Facebook will restrict you to send the message.
- Check your group activity: If you post the same content in multiple Facebook groups, the system will detect it as unusual activity. It will block the messaging feature of your account for a little while.
- Check your tagging activity: If you tag multiple users on most of your posts, Facebook will count it as suspicious activity restricting you temporarily to send messages.
- Check if the person you’re sending the message to hasn’t blocked you.
Clear cache and data
Often corrupt caches lead to errors like these, clearing them will help fix the problem. Go to your phone’s settings and tap on apps > Facebook > storage. Tap on clear cache and data.
Enable Airplane mode
Enable airplane mode on your phone. Wait for a second and turn back your Wi-Fi or cellular data, then open the Facebook app again. It would fix the error if you had a poor cellular connection.
Often, if you are not using the latest version of the app store, you might get errors like these. Open the app store on your phone and search Facebook. Hit the update button to install the latest version of the app.
Reinstall the App
If none of the solutions work for you, reinstall the app. Go to settings > storage > Facebook. Tap on the delete app. Restart your phone and then go to the app store to reinstall the app.
If you are facing any other errors on Facebook, find fixes for them here. Let us know in the comment section below which method worked for you!!